Thursday 9 September 2010

Hand sewn Cashmere baby shoes

Remnant fabric is good source of my craft material, also new garments that are too faulty that the shops reduce price for nothing. Some of them are too damaged to wear but they are still as good as gold to be designed and sewn to something else.

I made two pairs of baby shoes for boy and girl (ideal for twins), the lining is 100% gingham cotton. I covered the buttons with gingham fabric, I used an elastic hairband to secure the motif .


I used the sleeve cuff piece to make the frilly flower before stitching a covered button on it.
I handsewn bags for both shoes, they are nice for baby shower gifts.


4 comments:

  1. Hi! I really like your blog and your creations are sooo cute! I love the little shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks, your comment makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this photo while searching Google images. Great shoes! Did you use a pattern for the shoes? If so, what pattern??

    -Michelle

    Http://stargazundesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle

      Sorry for late reply, I bought the pattern from sweetpeapattern@etsy but I did not follow the whole instructions. I sewn the top part and the sole by hand after I finished both parts. For me, it is easier to do that way and with the cashmere fabric it looks neater. I adjusted the pattern as well. Those pairs are quite unique because I have never made them again with that materials and they were somewhere in America for the baby twins.Please show me the ones you make. take care xx

      Delete