Saturday 18 September 2010

Etsy shop

A lovely customer has bought 2 pairs of cashmere - gingham baby shoes 2 days ago for twin babies. I do hope they will look nice and be comfortable for the babies' feet. I love Etsy, everything I need are there.

I am on a go of making a pink pair of baby girl shoes, I use cotton fabric for quilting and practice sashiko stitches on them and on the ribbon. I use DMC 25 embroidery thread, I like to try to stitch with sashiko threads but the price is just higher than ordinary embroidery thread so I used DMC 25. I am still not sure what motif I will use to decorate the shoes, uh?

I managed to finished the shoes off. I hand sewn the shoes and stitched with bright pink thread.
I used the paler pink ribbon I have bought long time ago but it looks too pale so I stitched it as well.
I changed the motifs many times till I ended up with using kawaii cotton/linen fabric to cover plastic buttons.
I hand crocheted DMC 25 thread, then stitched around the buttons. It took me a while to finish them off, I will keep them for my friend's baby girl.

Here more pictures!!



I couldn't finish them without a gift bag, this one is very easy to make. I used the the same fabric I sewn the shoes.
      




4 comments:

  1. these look so lovely, can you tell me more about kawaii linen? how special is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kawaii is japanese term which means anything cute, adorable, lovable. This linen mixed cotton fabric in the photo is medium weight and printed with dears, the spaces between each dear are big enough that you can just cut the circle and use the cut piece to cover the button, the weight of fabric made it easy for you to handle the tiny piece of the fabric. This type of fabric is called kawaii.

    I hope I answered your question and thank you so much for leaving the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chongkol

    I do love your work and your information you shared about your effort and product. They are very lovely and useful. This is my first time here and I am gonna be a regular visitor here.

    Happy to see you and your full-of-love work,
    Uan (Thailand)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gigi

    Thank you so much for your comment, I will try to update my blog but as you know with an active child, it is hard. Next creation will be CAT!!!

    take care.xxx

    ReplyDelete