Monday 4 October 2010

How I transfer embroidery pattern to the fabric /Wedding gift

My friend at work was married  2 weeks ago  and I wanted to make a gift for her. I bought a japanese embroidery book and there is one pattern I really like. I  normally draw simple patterns directly with a washable pen but this pattern has too much details so I used the Iron on transfer pen Clover  in blue.






the instruction : I put the transfer paper on top of the pattern from the book using ordinary pencil to trace the picture on to the transfer paper.




turn the transfer paper over and trace the pattern  on the transfer paper using the iron on transfer pen, the reason is when you iron  the transfer paper on the fabric, you get the reverse pattern. 
( the bride will be on the left).the image is a mirror copy as it will reverse when transferred.


To iron on the fabric, put the transfer paper (the side you trace the pattern with iron on transfer pen) on the right side of  the fabric where you want the pattern to be, iron on the transfer paper for 10-20 seconds, try not to slide the iron ,once the pattern is transfered to the fabric, it is permanent!!! I tried to wash it off but no luck so you have to be sure where exactly you want your pattern to be.



I hand sewn  the heart and inserted the ribbon, at the back I embroidered her wedding date on.





I was so pleased with it and hope my friend will like it.

You can get this iron on transfer pencil Clover in blue and red, they are not visible on dark fabric. I bought mine and paid about £3 (including postage), I found the website in USA selling the transdoodle which I have not seen anywhere in UK (if anyone knows where can I get it, please leave me the note, thanks xx)

No comments:

Post a Comment