Tuesday 1 February 2011

Bank note Rose

Chinese new year and Valentine are approching, let me show you this Bank note rose, my brother in law's sister gave this rose to athi 2 years ago when we went back to visit my family in Thailand.  As a Chinese-Thai who was born in Thailand, I miss Chinese new year so much. The last time I celebrated Chinese new year with my dad's family was 12 years ago. We give money to the younger ones instead of gifts, new bank notes are put in the pink or red envelopes, we give money to our parents and grandparents as well. I remember everyone came to my granddad's house and we had a very big meal. We, children loved this day because we received the red envelopes but  we could not spend money on that day, we had to spend it on the next day (for good luck). Another reason was we could be absent from school because it was chinese new year, every headmasters seemed to understand this reason.

We burnt the pretend money, clothes, jewelery,  electric appliances etc which  were printed on the brown papers for our ancestors to use in the heaven, that was the explanation from grown up.








One hundred baht red bank note is used to fold one petal  it values about £2,  there are 10 petals , I like the idea and my brother in law's sister is so kind to athi. I explained to athi about this rose, how the lady made it but he did not understand much, one day he will. I just want to say Thank you once again Je Leng.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment