Monday 7 February 2011

Floral lined Boxy pouch

I just finished a gift for my sister, she wants Cath Kidston 's pouch. She said CK products are hot in Bangkok. Instead of buying her CK 's pouch, I decided to make it myself. I bought this fabric in sale last year for only half  yard then I cut a small piece out and made a pincushion and did not use it again. It took me a while to draft the pattern of this pouch, I drew on the paper and taped the paper to see the shape of the pouch. I finally worked out how I would make different sizes of this kind of pouch. This one is 6" x 6" and deep 2.5". I sewn interfacing on both exterior and interior fabrics but it is still not hold the shape the way I expected.








I used the medium weight cotton fabric for interior and managed to lined the pouch without raw seam edge. Basically I made two pouches the same size and sewn the interior one to the floral one on the zipper. This way the pouch looks nicer.



No comments:

Post a Comment