Saturday 12 February 2011

Gifts for children

I have been hand sewing little animal face zipper pouches, the first one is a puppy face. The way I sewn this pouch:


The front face:
I drew the face pattern on the exterior fabric, embroidered the nose, mouth and whiskers then stitched the tiny black beads for eyes. I sewn both ears and stuff with small amount of poly filling. then sewn ears to the face.The exterior fabric is quite thick so I did not need interfacing. 

I put the thin fleece on the wrong side of the interior fabric and drew the face pattern on the fleece.
With right sides of the exterior and interior fabrics together sewn along the pattern line, left 4 cm gap to turn the right side out, sewn to close the gap.

I did the same for the back part without embroidery and ears. 

I sewn the front and back together, left the top bit open, sewn zipper on the exterior and interior. 




                                        

I used the dog charm to attach to the zipper. This pouch is right size for keeping coins, folded bank notes, lipstick, small toys.


  

Shark for athi, and bear for my friend's daughter.










No comments:

Post a Comment