Tuesday 1 February 2011

Gifts from me

We are going to visit my family and having a long holiday in Thailand soon. I have been hand making gifts for my family and dear friends over there, plus my friends' children as well. I am very busy with buying materials, sewing, organizing flight tickets, apartments and hotels on the beach. I love to stay with my family but my husband wants his own space ( sad sign on my face).  I want the gifts to have a bit of English touch or somethings about England, when I saw this fabric, I bought it without thinking much. I like the cotton/linen fabric, I personally think this type of fabric is easy to sew and press.

Actually, this fabric is called LONDON BUS, there are little guards, buses, flags, London bridge, parliament printed on the fabric, they are so cute.




I decided to sew a handbag with gusset, I used natural linen for the interior fabric, interfaced the exterior fabric and lined the interior fabric with soft fleece.



I used magnetic snap to close the bag, it is my first time to use the magnetic snap I found it is far easier than sewing the zipper!!. I have not decided to whom I will give this bag . The bag is so light and quite roomy, I have been lately carrying  this kind of handbag instead of shoulder bag since I hurt my shoulders. I have to make more and more of them.

I sew the inside zipped pocket and attach the little metal bag charm. I bought lots of zipper charms from Thailand last year.








I think materials are so expensive in England, I will spend a whole week of my holiday looking and buying all sort of craft materials and bring them back.  They are so much cheaper in Thailand, hopefully I will have things to show you when I come back to England.

No comments:

Post a Comment